This document is used to prepare, implement and use the results of tests on a given product.
It should be noted that a test report may be the compilation of the documents from Test Readiness Review (TRR) minutes + as runs + Test Review Board (TRB) minutes.
The purpose of a test on a product is to find out or check the performance and behaviour of the product, as set out in the specification or test request (refer to E 2).
The three types of tests concerned are:
- Adjustment tests:
These are the first experimental justifications of the Definition File.
- Qualification tests:
The purpose of these tests is to demonstrate that a product has been manufactured according to the definition file and that it meets the requirements of the Specification of Requirement (STB) (resistance to environments, performance) with the requisite margins.
The test plan shall be established in coherence with the Verification matrix defined for the product.
- Acceptance tests:
These shall demonstrate the conformity of the product manufacturing with respect to the characteristics described in the Definition File. In this case, the test procedure is called the "acceptance procedure".
Every test shall be defined by a Test Request (TR), planned in the Assembly, Integration and Test Plan (AITP) and the Events Log, and carried out according to written and validated procedures.
The test procedures shall be established by the person who performs the test (Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) activity managers - electrical, mechanical, etc. specialists) and shall be validated by the Technical Manager of the project concerned and by the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager before the tests are started.
A Test Readiness Review (TRR) (see PA 15) shall precede the tests. It shall make it possible to verify the configuration and the preparation status for running the tests (facilities, procedures, etc.).
The Test Review Board (TRB) (see PA-16) shall be convened at the end of the tests, and shall enable a decision to be made concerning the implementation of the tests and the conformity of the results, in view of the test report sent for analysis/validation to the architects and instrument managers prior to holding the TRB.
The procedure for processing anomalies shall be applicable throughout the duration of the tests.
C. Typical content
This section shall contain all the information concerning purpose and scope, such as:
- The model, system, subsystem, (etc.),
- The type of test carried out (qualification, acceptance, adjustment, calibration, etc.).
This document defines the acceptance procedure carried out on the Sensor Unit of the "R2D2" project
- The development level of the piece of equipment to be tested (mock-up, prototype).
The tests shall be carried out on the flight model of the Sensor Unit of the "R2D2" project
- The facilities and activities concerned, and the personnel or services involved,
- The operating phase(s) concerned,
- Any specific scopes (minimum cases, degraded cases, etc.).
2.1 Applicable documents
This paragraph shall provide the list of documents that are applicable to the preparation and execution of the tests. It shall particularly mention:
- the technical specification to be observed,
- the applicable standards and regulations,
- the elementary procedures used during the tests.
AD1: Technical Specification of the Sensor Unit
AD2: Opto-mechanical inspection procedure
2.2 Reference documents
These constitute the bibliography necessary to prepare the tests.
3. Identification of the product and its configuration
This section describes the main components of the product subjected to the test:
designation of the product and its main components (state the name of the manufacturer):
- Serial number, software, PROM configuration, etc.,
The complete Sensor Unit consists of a Sensor Unit assembly, CDD electronics and control electronics.
- Expected configuration, by reference to the Definition File,
The Sensor Unit is manufactured according to the Definition File referenced "DF.XXX.1141.TART issue 2".
- Configuration of the various items of the test: give a detailed description of the part that is subjected to testing. If there is a particular configuration of the product for the test, describe it.
The Sensor Unit shall be equipped with 3 short circuits.
- Configuration of ground facilities: exhaustive list of the facilities used.
Equipment used: optical simulator ref. XX, oscilloscope ref. YY, break-out boxes ref. ZZ and WW
4. Type of test
This section identifies the type of tests required, such as vibrations, thermal cycle, functional test, calibration, etc.
The tests concern:
- the verification of mechanical interfaces,
- the verification of electrical interfaces,
- the video performances.
5. Description of tests
5.1 Test objectives and acceptance criteria
The following shall be described for each test:
- the characteristics to be measured,
- the expected values, with tolerances,
- their pass criteria (take into account the accuracy of the Ground support equipment).
- the way in which the data generated are to be sent for project authority validation (including test photos and test result graphs).
5.2 Interfaces and test fixtures
This paragraph describes the measures retained to successfully complete the corresponding test.
Vibration test interface support for the Sensor Unit:
- 4 titanium 3 screws,
- tightening torque 0.1 daN.m.
Weight of Sensor Unit: the measurement is performed under a laminar flow extractor hood.
5.3 Operational mode
This paragraph provides a detailed description of the implementation and performance of the test. It shall particularly specify the following:
- the sequence of elementary operations, mentioning the corresponding elementary procedure if appropriate;
Remove the Sensor Unit from its package, using the finger grip.
Ground the unit according to Procedure PR.XXX.132.TART issue 3.
Install the unit on the vibration tool according to the drawing in Appendix 1.
Perform a stability check in the X and Y planes, according to opto-mechanical inspection procedure PR.XXX.28.TART issue 1.
- the definition of the measurement and control sensors;
Measurement of the mechanical characteristics: the measurements shall be carried out using tool No. 10 defined in Appendix 12.
- the location of the measurement points;
During the opto-mechanical measurements, the 4 corners of the CCD are Z marked with the view lens, by the 4 points J, K, L, M in the diagram provided in Appendix 2.
- the measurements and verifications to be carried out before, during and after the tests;
- flatness measurements on 8 points,
- amplitude of the obscurity signal.
6. Safety instructions
6.1 Security of personnel
The risks connected with the equipment being tested shall be clearly stated, along with the specific safety measures that are to be taken.
6.2 Security of equipment
The special safety measures concerning the equipment being tested shall be specified in this paragraph. They particularly concern:
- the storage and handling instructions,
- the acceptable severity excesses, in terms of level and duration,
- the action to be taken in the case of an incident, and particularly the emergency shut-down criteria,
- the safeguard procedures, if applicable.
7. Test procedure
This section describes the validation process for each stage in the operational procedure, with the measurements of the defined parameters.
8. Conclusions of the test
Attach the exhaustive list of anomalies encountered during the tests to the summary comments.